Our aim is to reach out to the globe within shortest possible time frame.
To promote this objective, not only we distribute and market our cardiovascular range of products globally through our distribution channels but we also undertake ‘contract manufacturing’& ‘formulation development ’of our wide range of generic products such as Biostat 20 which contain Atorvastatin Calcium equivalent to Atorvastatin 20 mg.
This Biostat 20 contains same active ingredient as Lipitor from Pfizer
Each film coated tablet contains:
Atorvastatin Calcium equivalent to Atorvastatin 20 mg.
Atorvastatin is a selective competitive inhibitor of 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase enzyme. This enzyme catalyzes the conversion of HMG-CoA to mevalonate, an early and rate limiting step in the synthesis of cholesterol.
Biostat is indicated as an adjunct to diet for reduction of elevated total-cholesterol, LDL‑cholesterol, apolipoprotein-B, and triglyceride levels in patients with-
- Primary hypercholesterolaemia
- Mixed dyslipidaemia
- Heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia
Biostat is indicated to reduce Total Cholesterol and LDL Cholesterol in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia (As an adjunct to other lipid-lowering treatments (e.g. LDL aphaeresis) or if such treatments are unavailable).
|Dosage and administration:|
The usual starting dose is 10 mg once a day. Doses should be individualised according to the baseline LDL-C levels, the goal of therapy, and patient response. Adjustment of dosage should only be made after an interval of 4 weeks or more. The maximum recommended dose is 40 mg once a day. Doses may be given at any time of day with or without food.
- Hypersensitivity to any component of this medication
- Active liver disease or unexplained persistent elevations of serum transaminases
- In breast feeding mothers
- In women of childbearing potential not using adequate contraceptive measures
- (An interval of one month should be allowed from stopping BIOSTAT treatment to conception in the event of planning a pregnancy)
- In children the safety and efficacy have not yet been established
Blister of 10 Tablets, such three blisters in a mono carton.