Atorvastatin Tablets 10 mg
Each film coated tablet contains:
Atorvastatin Calcium equivalent to Atorvastatin 10 mg
Atorvastatin is a selective competitive inhibitor of 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase enzyme. This enzyme catalyzes the conversion of HMG-CoA to mevalonate, an early and rate limiting step in the synthesis of cholesterol.
Biostat is indicated as an adjunct to diet for reduction of elevated total-cholesterol, LDL‑cholesterol, apolipoprotein-B, and triglyceride levels in patients with-
- Primary hypercholesterolaemia
- Mixed dyslipidaemia
- Heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia
Biostat is indicated to reduce Total Cholesterol and LDL Cholesterol in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia (As an adjunct to other lipid-lowering treatments (e.g. LDL aphaeresis) or if such treatments are unavailable).
|Dosage and administration:|
The usual starting dose is 10 mg once a day. Doses should be individualised according to the baseline LDL-C levels, the goal of therapy, and patient response. Adjustment of dosage should only be made after an interval of 4 weeks or more. The maximum recommended dose is 40 mg once a day. Doses may be given at any time of day with or without food.
- Hypersensitivity to any component of this medication
- Active liver disease or unexplained persistent elevations of serum transaminases
- In breast feeding mothers
- In women of childbearing potential not using adequate contraceptive measures
- (An interval of one month should be allowed from stopping BIOSTAT treatment to conception in the event of planning a pregnancy)
- In children the safety and efficacy have not yet been established
Blister of 10 Tablets, such three blisters in a mono carton.